Manage the Transaction
The first piece of advice I like to give people when they have a potential buyer and everything is looking rosy: do not lie. At this point you have successfully passed the first, and easiest hurdle to selling your home! Here is an overview of the transaction and what you can expect. Click here to manage your transaction.
You’ll appreciate having a strong advocate on your side during the transaction!
Negotiating the Offer
Your Real Estate Adviser will immediately present and explain all offers to you. You will be able to accept, reject, or counter any offer presented. During the negotiation process, your Associate will leverage their experience and skills to advocate your interests:
- Reviewing the contract and obligations before you sign.
- Explaining how contingencies and release clauses work.
- Protecting you from signing a “blank check” for unknown problems or repairs.
- Defining legal disclosure requirements.
- Orchestrate the offer process for “back-up” offers, if necessary.
Throughout the negotiation, your Real Estate Adviser will provide you with a professional, objective point of view; but the final decision of accepting an offer is yours.
After the Offer is Accepted
Once an offer is accepted, your Real Estate Adviser will manage all the details to make the process as stress-free and efficient as possible:
- Staying in contact with the buyer’s agent to ensure a smooth escrow.
- Following up on the progress of the buyer’s loan.
- Monitoring all contingency removal deadlines.
- Assisting you if a conflict with the buyer arises.
Finalizing and Closing the Transaction
Finalizing the process includes reviewing all closing documents and ensuring both parties have copies. When the transaction has closed, your Real Estate Adviser will be there when the closing attorney delivers the closing check to you and the keys to the new owner!